What is Route Optimization?
Route optimization helps businesses map the most cost-efficient routes for their delivery vehicles. Many factors need to be considered when calculating routes. Some of the main considerations include all required stop locations, the total number of stops, traffic conditions, and any time windows required for deliveries.
Route Optimization Challenges & Opportunities
Key challenges of route optimization, and some advantages that technology can provide.
- Manual route planning involves too much guess work
- Too much drive time
- Too few stops made per day
- Difficulty keeping commitments to customers
- Fuel costs are too high
- Lack of visibility between back office, the delivery truck and the customer
- Better driver productivity
- Reduce or eliminate missed deliveries
- Control fuel costs
- Increase number of stops per day per driver
- Increased sales opportunities
- Sequence (optimize) stops
- Better informed truck loading
- Handle challenging customer time window restrictions
- Save minutes and even hours of driving per route
- Eliminate wait time at stops
Route Optimization Feature Capabilities
One platform for profitability.Find out how to fuel growth with efficiency that makes everyone's job easier–using xkzero Mobile Commerce (XMC).
Powerful, configurable, & certified pre-built ERP integration
xkzero integrations are built using fast, reliable, responsive web services.
xkzero Mobile Commerce is a customizable mobile platform that enhances and extends Sage 100. Securely and easily track deliveries, inventory, assets and your competition.
xkzero Mobile Commerce (XMC) turns mobile processes into a business advantage. Its customizable and secure platform maximizes efficiency throughout your distribution process.